Friday, April 07, 2006

HOT FROM HOLLYWOOD

Ok, you all, this is coming direct from beautiful downtown Burbank, where I have just returned from a day meeting with writers and some producers. Then tomorrow, I pitch first to one production company - for our sitcom. Then to the second largest (talent) agency in the world, for the movie. Everything we're pitching is based on the stories in my books! We've had amazing success today - thanks to those of you who said prayers for me. How much success? OK, I'll just tell you one thing. In the sitcom, as you know, I want two stars. 1. For the lead, I want Rachel Harris. She's funny and has a great dry sense of humor and would be hilarious opposite the co-star, which I wanted to be Kym Whitley. (They are so opposite not just in looks but in humor, but are both hilarious!!!)

So, I go into one meeting at the Sheraton in Universal Studio's and walk out of the meeting and start talking to a girl I see in the hall. I have no clue who she is, I just liked her. You know it was chemistry or something. So, I start telling her why I'm in town, and about the sitcom...Then I ask her if she's ever heard of a star called Kym Whitley, she say's "Yeah, she's a friend of mine". I say, "NO WAY! ABSOLUTELY NO WAY! Then I say, "I love her! I think she is so funny! I loved her in CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM! I want her to star in the sitcom!" She says "Let me call her." She whips out her cell and calls KYM right there! Can you believe it!!

She gets her message machine. And leaves KYM a message!

It was almost as if our meeting was divinely ordained. Proverbs 21:1

OH and almost forgot to tell you, the girl I met in the hall was a PRODUCER for half hour TV shows. And a believer! (We had lunch together with a screenwriter, who had just sold her script after 9 years. Please God, don't make me wait 9 years.)

There's more, but no time to write right now.

So stay tuned to see what happens next.

Best, Marsha

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger God's Prof said...

Sounds like God is really moving--I'm still praying! Don't you love it when He hits us with those "Godincidences" (I don't believe in coincidences)? Hollywood so needs projects like yours. Tomorrow at church I'm going to tell other Christian families to pray. I haven't heard back from Don yet, but I'm hoping no news is good news. I hope I don't have to wait 9 years either! Go get 'em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home