Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Success and finding lost socks

OK, the little book Mary McCowski was not a pretty girl, is taking off so much, that I've had to order another 2500 books printed. This is the 5th printing I've had since the little book was published - just 5 months ago, and it's only been sold on Amazon, my website and TWO tiny bookstores for the last 45 days! So this is GOOD news on the business side. Also, the good press continues - which is good. But, here's the problem. I'm still without a US or Foreign distributor. I am the only one shipping orders except for Amazon.com. So every morning I check new orders and ship them, while trying to find matching socks for my daughter and packing her lunch and trying to not totally neglect our 17 year old foreign exchange student. I never read books about men who go off to the office to be successful - who sweat the concept of what their child will eat for lunch, or if she has her Latin flashcards up to date. What is the deal with that? So, I've decided I don't just want to be Martha Stewart (without the Prison part) but also Mother Theresa (but with a better body...so I've started working out) - and I've been thinking lately, it's not as important to be successful business wise, as it is to be kind to those I'm dealing with on a daily basis, so I'm praying a prayer...it goes like this, "God help my business decisions, and help me to be loving to everyone, even my enemies - because that's just like you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home