Wednesday, February 08, 2006

To the top of the house, and then hitting the fireplace

OK, here's the point - I don't know how really famous people feel, I mean those people who are famous (more than just in their own minds) but here's how wanna-be-successful people feel - people like me who are getting some media lately and fielding calls from Magazines and stuff.

We think we are on top of the world, or at least on top of 'our house' for a minute - and then we land back into the fireplace. Which is where I just was...and am now covered with soot.

Why was I in our Fireplace?

Well, I was walking by the fireplace and noticed soot on the floor in front of the fireplace. A whole pile of soot. Then I saw little cat paws made in soot, leading away from our fireplace and across our cream colored carpet. Yes, folks you have guessed it, our cat must be deluded and think the fireplace is her litter box. She has never done this before, and I'm new to the whole cat thing.

But, I've just come back from cleaning soot off of everything, and taking everything out of the fireplace. Oh, and the cat thought she should roll around on the furniture while she was covered with soot. Maybe she wanted to clean herself.

But, there you have it, the ups and downs of running a small business out of your home, with no 'cleaning staff.'

AGGGHHHHHHHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home